Worldwide research clearly shows that young people need better sexual health and relationships education.
In Australia, some universities are realising that this type of support needs to be offered to their student populations.
SEA works at the tertiary level with domestic and international students. We can deliver sessions to residential colleges as well as to day students.
Topics can include:
- safer sex
- STIs and contraception
- healthy relationships
- sexual decision-making and negotiation
- same-sex attraction
- sex and technology
- sex and the law
- consent and coercion
Our programs for international students:
- acknowledge cultural diversity
- are clearly and simply communicated
- are non-judgmental
- explain the basics of health insurance, accessing medical services, privacy and confidentiality legislation
- are respectful of religious differences; however we clearly articulate what the laws are in Australia, and what the social norms are.
UNESCO, 2009, International Technical Guidance on Sexuality Education: An evidence-informed approach for schools, Paris.
© Sex Education Australia. ABN 85154169936